9 December 2020
Strong In Faith – Part 5
In these messages, we want to focus on the operation of strong faith more than on what was received by Abraham and Sarah.
When we understand how faith operates we can receive everything grace provided.
Rom 4:20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. NKJV
Part 5 – As we wrap up this series on strong faith we look at what Paul meant in 1 Timothy 6:12 concerning fighting the good fight of faith. We have seen that strong faith has these characteristics:
- Calls those things that be not as though they were.
- Places its hope in God, not natural circumstances.
- Understands its circumstances but focuses on the promise thus preventing wavering.
- Strong faith gives glory to God, talking about what God said and not glorifying the problem.
- Is fully convinced that God is able and willing to perform what He promised.
The word “fight” carries the idea of an ongoing process and “lay hold on” as a decisive act. The word “fight” means “contend for a prize.” The prize or goal here is eternal life. This is not just unending life in the future, but eternal life that has its source in God. It is a present possession as well as a future promise. We will be blessed as we apply the Word in our lives.